Monday 4 May 2015

Musing Mondays #1 - Buying Books For Others

I love the idea of Musing Mondays, so here's my first one!

What would you do if you wanted to buy a book for someone, but didn't know what they like to read? Would you ask them? Would you choose something you, yourself, like? How would you go about buying them something?


This is actually quite an easy one for me to start off with! Generally, I tend to ask people what sort of genres they like and ask for examples of books they've read in the past. Then, if I've heard of any of those books, I'll try to find ones that are similar and that I also liked. I am a bit selfish in that way- I like to pick books that I've read so that we can have future fangirling sessions!

What's your view?

8 comments:

  1. Hehe, I like the way you think about your future fangirling sessions! here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/05/04/monday-musings-11-how-to-buy-a-book/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the book conversations - fangirling a motivator :)
    My MM with book giveaway this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas...I take the easy way and get a gift card...LOL.

    Here's my BLUE MONDAYS MUSINGS POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That probably would be the better option! ^_^

      Delete
  5. I rarely buy books for people because reading tastes are so personal--but I have definitely "nagged" at people to read a book that I've loved so I'll have someone to talk to about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea of inspiring fangirling! I personally go with hard cover classics since at least they can look pretty on a shelf :-D

    http://tarabelletalking.blogspot.com/2015/05/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they look great on the shelf :-)

      Delete